After taking a month break from the #SewMyStyle challenge in October, I am back with my November make. Did manage it finish it in time, but it took me a while to actually write my blog post about it.
November’s make is the Anna Dress from By Hand London. To make it, I used fabrics from Fabworks Fabrics (some kind of slippery see-through fabric) – I got this fabric at the beginning of the year during the SewDownDewsbury and Abakhan Fabrics ( cotton to underline the main fabric).
I started with cutting my pattern pieces in black cotton first and, in order not to get confused, I wrote on each piece before cutting into the main fabric. I used a water erasable pen, so when washed it will disappear.
Once that was cut, I just overlocked the layers together and worked with them as a single layer after that. As I’ve made this dress a few more times (see here and here )there is not much I’d want to say about the construction. This time I did not even look at the instructions. The only change from before is that I have shaved a bit more off the centre back to make it more fitted and that for the hem I chose to do a blind hem, so some hand stitching took place.
Also, to keep my facings from flapping about, you know how much I dislike a flapping facing, I hand stitched them to the underlining fabric. You cannot tell from the right side and feels great not having to worry about them when wearing the dress.
I’ve got to say that this version of the Anna dress is my favourite as it fits the best out of the lot (only 3 of them).
It is such a quick make. You can use colour blocking on it as well, with quite a few options. I think that would me my next option for this dress.
#SewMyStyle 2017 – links to my previous makes in the challenge: January – Toaster Sweater, February – Saunio Cardigan, March – Virginia Leggings, April – Bridgetown Dress, May – Basics.Pocket Skirt, June – Briar Top and Sweater, July – Valley Blouse, August – Darling Ranges dress September – Yona Coat