Before Sewing Quarter launched they offered a choice between three patterns. As I was not a big fan of the bag or the children’s pattern (might be wrong) I picked the Betty Blouse which came out as a free pattern in issue 19 of Simply Sewing.
For this top I used leftover fabric I had in my stash from Abakhan, a polycotton if I am not mistaken, with Chinese dragons, hence me calling it my dragon top. It is a super easy top to make. My measurements put me between size 12 and 14. But because it is a such a loose fit top, I chose to cut size 12. This is the first time I made pintucks. I made the mistake of pressing them down. Then I decided that they would look better if they are not pressed flat, so I tried to press them in the other direction .To finish the neckline I used bias tape. Which is how the pattern instructions advise to finish the neckline as well. Because it was such a simple top I did not use the instructions. And I used French Seams to finish the side seams. The hems we finished by turning over twice, so there are no exposed raw edges. This one came together very fast in a couple of hours from printing the PDF to finished garment.