I fell in love with the Chelsea blouse – designed by SimpleSew Patterns and published as a free patterns in issue 4 of the SewNow Magazine. To make it I used fabric (viscose) from my local fabric shop, that was in my stash for years.
As the pictures shows the sleeves are a bit short, so I lengthened them by 10 cm. I also did a FBA and re-drawing the facing for the front to match. Because on the model the hem hits on her hips and she definitely is much taller than me I did not change length on the blouse. The fabric was a bit of a pain to work with, as it was very slippery. To keep the facing from rolling onto the right side, I understitched it before trimming off the excess. For the hem I turned 1cm twice and stitched in place. Before, adding the facing, I decided to add the sleeves to the shell fabric and then hand sew the raw edges around the sleeve. I overlocked all other exposed edges to get a clean finish inside. As the fabric was way to slippery, I interfaced the cuff to make it easier to work with. I exaggerated with the button loop, and it ended up a bit too big. Ops! I am quite happy with the finished blouse. I could have gotten away with more length on the sleeves. Also I was a bit disappointed the top ended up so short. Next time I am making it. I will definitely add at least 10 cm to the length. I am not flashing, but it keeps coming out of skirts/trousers if I tuck it in as it’s not long enough.