Making another top #NewLook 6808

About a year on and I finally gone back to making another version of this top.  I blogged about my first version here. My  first version is now in my mum’s closet. And that’s because my bust was a bit to bit for that version.  

I  made the same exact version as before combining views A and E. Just this time I had enough fabric to make the sleeves in the same shell fabric. And used red for the collar, because I just wanted some contrast.  Only different to the pattern from before is that I did a Full Bust Adjustment.

Fabric as per usual   from Abakhan’s, do I even have to mention? (I  do buy fabric somewhere else as well you know! )


Just because I made this before,  did not mean I did not almost mess it up. I managed to put my dart markings on the right side of the fabric which  carbon paper that past experience showed me that does not go away even if I wash the ‘crap’ out of it! Luckily this time around I had plenty of fabric and I was able to just re-cut the front. Phew..!! Zipper insertion went in smoothly. I love side zips! Think I will try and add them in the  side seam as often as I can!


I also managed to improve the finish on the sleeve slit! Doesn’t pucker too much. Now that my chest has more space I love wearing this top. As you  can imagine I made it a while ago, but only now got the chance to share it with  you.

2 thoughts on “Making another top #NewLook 6808

Add yours

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

Up ↑

Floating Sewist

I float around, hoping to find Home. Sewing as an act of self love.

The scatty sewer

A scatty sewers journey through the world of sewing

Wendy Ward

designer | writer | teacher | maker

The Emerald Heart™ Blog

Evolution through Action


Stuff that our family has made


Returning sewist, crafter and runner


where stitchery gets to meet mediocrity, face-to-face, and firmly shakes it's hand

Emma and her Machine

Adventures in Sewing

%d bloggers like this: