So without trying very hard, I managed to make something blue in February, I was supposed to be joining Gillian and other fellow sewcialists in Blue February, but I missed posting about it by a few months. I can honestly say I am the last to post about it
I got this lovely blue fabric on my last visit to Minerva Crafts brick and mortar shop. When they had a New Look sale I got the pattern 6808. I so love the collar in view C, but I wanted sleeves. So I combined view A with View C.
I made my usual changes to the pattern and cut my front and back bodice. I only had 1 m of the blue patterned fabric. So I knew it wont be enough to make the whole top. Therefore I decided to make the collar and the facings out of black fabric. But still the blue fabric was not enough to make it with blue sleeved. So I ended up making the sleeves in black as well. Although not what I wanted in the first place I am quite happy with the result. I even made the inside look pretty. And the lapped zip insertion went well. I should use this technique more often.
I will make another one or maybe two but lengthen the lines and make it in to a mini dress. Also need to do a full bust adjustment to give me a bit of ease. You can see in the pictures how . This one is a bit to tight across the bust. But this time I will do the whole view C as it will probably be a summer dress. If we even have a summer here in the north .