Another muslin I have made recently it for the lovely coat pattern that Colette has – Lady Grey. I have been eying it for some time. And after seeing some lovely versions on the internet I took the leap and ordered the pattern. I spent a lot of time to print (printer decided to have a fit while printing this pattern) and then piecing it together.
The coat is great. I really love it, but the sleeves are a bit short and wide. Also around the blogosphere some ladies complained about the collar being a bit to big on a petite person. So I decided a muslin is in order.
Waw! Two of them in one month, now I can no longer say I don’t ever do muslins. I wanted to test the jacket with different sleeves. The original one and thought a size 10 sleeve from Spearmint from Lolita Patterns.
I slaved for hours drawing the stitching line on the paper patterns and then tracing it on muslin and adding 2.5cm seam allowance. I then in a hurry put the coat together, and added the sleeves! I tried it on.
I like both sleeves though. I could lengthen the original sleeve by 3 – 4 inches. But feel it does not suit me. The more fitted sleeves tend to be better. I only needed to and from elbow to armscye about 1 cm for more comfort.
I will be making two coats. One for me with a wacky lining inside and once with delicate lining for my mum. The coat will be a summer or autumn coat so I will not be wearing with loads of layers underneath so keeping with the fitted sleeve I shall be ok I think. These are the fabrics I will be using.