Another disappointment–BurdaStyle

I just love this 116 top from Burda Style July 2012 issue. So I decided to make it in size 40.

It was pretty easy to make and made my normal adjustments to the sleeves. I also made my own bias tape from the same fabric.

Everything went well and the instructions were easy to follow. One quick read through and I was confident I knew what I was doing.

So far so good. Here are some close-ups of the finished top:

Then I tried it on! Way to big for me. What a disappointment. i knew it was not going to be fitted, but I did not expect it to be so large. 


In these pictures the top looks all right, however if I do not have my hands on my hips and if the top is not tucked in, it just looks large on me.

Wish Burda Style had finished garment dimensions. Would be easier to choose which size to  cut. If I will be making this top again will need to take out about 4cm from side seams. And that is a lot. Can’t be bothered to unpick it and then re-do the sides. Will use it when I get pregnant. Smile

simona 1

5 thoughts on “Another disappointment–BurdaStyle

Add yours

    1. Just tried it with a belt. Fit improved coniderably. Not as I imagined the top as but much better than before!
      Thanks fot the idea.
      Why I did not think of it?

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

Up ↑

Floating Sewist

I float around, hoping to find Home. Sewing as an act of self love.

The scatty sewer

A scatty sewers journey through the world of sewing

Wendy Ward

designer | writer | teacher | maker

The Emerald Heart™ Blog

Evolution through Action


Stuff that our family has made


Returning sewist, crafter and runner


where stitchery gets to meet mediocrity, face-to-face, and firmly shakes it's hand

Emma and her Machine

Adventures in Sewing

%d bloggers like this: