BurdaStyle skirt take two


Remember a few weeks back I made a high waist-ed skirt from the February 2011 issue of BurdaStyle, a things went a bit wrong? Iron burn marks, wrong fabric, to a bit to fitted or forgot to cut the lining pieces?  Yeah, the post ‘Skirt Muslin!?’ says it all!

So I so wanted to try this skirt, that I’ve added a bit more ease, so I can actually be able to sit down while wearing it. As I did not want to retrace the skirt, i just added 0.5 cm to the centre fold lines. That seemed to fix it for me.

This time, I’ve waited for my zipper invisible zip to arrive and used Coleen G Lea’s tutorial to insert the lining to zipper  by machine and not hand stitched. It worked fine for me Smile. I had no idea it was that easy. I had to see her video to figure who it goes in.

My skirt is not perfect, but the second version is much better than the first one Red heart. It is a bit looser, but I like it better, because I can actually move easier than in the other one. Here are some picks of the second skirt. 


I am much happier now. the new skirt is lovely Smile

Also I wanted to let you know that I also started working on  the Cynthia Rowley 1802 dress.


2 thoughts on “BurdaStyle skirt take two

Add yours

    1. Did not realise I turned off my flash,that’s why pictures are a bit dark will have to take a few more. The skirt look a tad big on me. But I am haapy i can sit and not feel like the seams will explode. 🙂

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s


Up ↑

Floating Sewist

I float around, hoping to find Home. Sewing as an act of self love.

The scatty sewer

A scatty sewers journey through the world of sewing

Wendy Ward

designer | writer | teacher | maker

The Emerald Heart™ Blog

Evolution through Action


Stuff that our family has made


Returning sewist, crafter and runner


where stitchery gets to meet mediocrity, face-to-face, and firmly shakes it's hand

Emma and her Machine

Adventures in Sewing

%d bloggers like this: